Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I can only control my own actions

I have reached a conclusion. It isn't going to be a popular one, but it is one I can live with. (And that's pretty important to me, even if it isn't earth-shattering in the grand scheme of things.)

When I'm shopping, and at home, I can control everything that goes into my food, and thus into my gut.

When I'm not, the best I can be is careful.

That's not to say I won't bring my own snacks, and dishes to potlucks and that sort of thing. But honestly, while I will forgo the french fries at Wendy's because they may (or may not) be fried in the same oil as the fish, I won't kill myself over the fact that someone who just made a sandwich is going to put my baked potato into its tray. As I said, it isn't the popular view... but it will fit in with my lifestyle and make things easier for everyone around me.

(And yes, I'm also one who objects to nut-free schools and classrooms. My problem is not yours. And your problem is not mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment