Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Got an ultrasound done this morning. My liver is enlarged. (of course) and my left kidney is hidden. Took the poor woman several minutes just to find the thing.

And... I went to the bigger grocery store on my way home. Found a bbq sauce that I can eat (the Jack Daniels original), but my favorite isn't gluten free. Nor is any of the reasonably priced soy sauce or its relatives. Oh, the gf brands are out there, but they cost twice as much as the originals. And I just can't afford that.

I did find one type of sushi at the counter that I can eat... the roasted salmon rolls. Of course, I can have the veggie rolls, too... but I do like the texture of the fish rolls. California roll is out of the question, as it uses the fake crab. And that's made with... wheat. Who'd have thought that fish was made with wheat?

My trip to Starbucks went better, though. The one near me has discontinued the gf cake, but they had a brand of cookies that they have just brought in - Lucy's - and it is gluten free. And not bad tasting, either. Very, very crisp, but I dunked them in the coffee, and they acted just like regular sugar cookies, and tasted just like them, too. I'll be getting them when I go back, and I'll be going back pretty often. (It is right next to the big grocery store.)

Oh, and I found corn tortillas at the big store. They were with the cheese. Strange, but I guess they have to be refrigerated. Who knew? So now I can have some lovely chicken wraps and things of that sort. It will make my life easier, and will keep me from just eating Fritos for dinner from now on. At least most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment