Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gluten-Free on Weight Watchers - an experiment

Well, I did it. Bit the bullet and rejoined Weight Watchers. Went to my first meeting on Thursday, and am doing pretty well, considering. Right now I'm working on adding the healthy foods, because if I'm filled with lean proteins, fruit and veggies there won't be much room for the garbage I normally eat.

Can't live on Fritos and french onion dip forever, you know. Not with a diagnosis of fatty liver and the spectre of cirrhosis hanging over my head. Not that I expect myself to give up everything I love - I won't last if I do. But since moderation isn't a concept I appear to be able to grasp, using the plan will help me to keep myself in line and lose the weight I need to get rid of.

I'll let you know how it goes - the first thing I talked about with the leader was my inability to do the whole wheat or whole grain stuff. So, he told me he understood, and I would just have to eat white bread.

It will be a learning experience for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment