Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Monday, July 5, 2010

Eggplant dip

Had a great time with friends last night - we watched fireworks, chatted and sampled some homemade wine. Yummy!

When I arrived for the picnic, it didn't look as though I would be able to eat anything except the brownies I had brought with me... until they brought out the dip. The woman who made it was having people guess what was in it, and people said avocado, onion, all sorts of things. But when she said some of it had to be cooked - I knew.

It was eggplant. Eggplant, green pepper, salt and pepper. That's it. Now, I love eggplant. And I love dips. So this was perfect for me, and I devoured my fair share of it! When I make it, I might substitute something for the green pepper, as it isn't my favorite flavor and it did kind of overpower the eggplant, but the idea is now firmly planted in my head and I can work with it.

Not just gluten-free, but healthy and low in calories. What a great new recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment