Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Brownie News

The turtle brownies were a big hit. Everyone loved them - moist, chewy, filled with goodies! So today I take the next step - turning them into brownie bites by baking them in a mini-muffin tin. This batch is for my nephew's birthday party tomorrow. I'm hoping they will turn out well, and if they do I'll post the recipe and technique I used here.

As for the pan version it is very, very easy. Melt 20 Kraft Caramels in two tablespoons fat free evaporated milk. Stir in about a cup of chopped pecans. Yum.

Make the brownie batter as directed - spray the bottom of the pan and then put half the batter in. Bake for about five minutes to start to set the batter.

Spread the caramel/pecan mixture over the brownie base, and cover with the rest of the batter.

Bake for the remainder of the suggested time. I left them in the oven for ten minutes after I turned it off, just to make sure they were *really* done.

Cut into very small squares - these things are rich.

And don't tell anyone until later that they are gluten-free... (this backfired on me, as a helpful woman put them onto a plate full of regular brownies.)

Next version? I'm replacing half the fat with applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment