Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

As my grandmother would have said.

Just got back yesterday from a visit with my sister and her husband. She and I are getting along far better than we ever have, but this time she kind of pissed me off. You see, she lives near a bunch of stores that have gluten free items. And she has a Sam's club card. So I went down to do some shopping and visit a little bit.

I understand that she's my older sister, but come on... we're both in our fifties!! Time to quit thinking you have to "do" for me. I paid for our purchases at Sam's, and she got really mad at me. Even though she bought lunch, and paid at the grocery store, she was upset with me for paying for my own (and some of her) groceries. Now, isn't that a bit strange?

And this was just after we had discussed the fact that she is having money trouble. I just don't understand this compulsion of hers to take care of everyone she comes in contact with. Okay, I have some of the same tendencies, but nowhere near to the extent she does. She's supporting her brother-in-law, sends lunch every day for one of her husband's co-workers, and then tries to pay for my groceries! While she's worried about her mortgage payments.

I keep trying to talk to her, but it never seems to work. She is a lovely, caring woman and she is bound and determined to make everyone else's life easier. But she's making herself crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment