Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thank you, Mary... and thanks a lot, hay fever

First, I'd like to thank Mary from Quietly Contrary for the Gorton's Coupon! She has a lovely blog, and offers great information about being gluten free.

I'm going to love having some good fish in the freezer for those cold winter nights when I just want to warm up the kitchen and my belly with oven-baked goodness!

Second, and far less important, I'd like to thank my obnoxious immune system for treating me to yet another fall filled with sneezes, coughs and weepy spells. Thanks a bunch. Oh, well. At least this year I've got a prescription for an antihistimine with a decongestant. Talked with the doctor (yes, he actually spoke with me) and he sent in a script. Then chatted with the pharmacist, who told me it was a good thing he had, as while the drug is available over the counter? You can't get it for everyday use. It contains one of those "naughty" drugs, so you are only allowed so much before they put you on the suspicious persons list. Which is why I stopped taking it in the first place, even though the pulmonologist really wanted me to be on it every night.

Oh, well. At least I can breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment