Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weekend at my sister's house

We are getting ready to head down to Madison County (no, not that Madison County) to visit my sister and her family for the weekend. We're bringing shrimp for Friday's dinner, and several maple saplings. (I have huge maple trees, and every year I wind up with many, many saplings in the yard)

I spoke with her on the phone today, and she said, again, that she hates it that I can't eat everything when I'm at her house. That she wants me to be able to enjoy everything along with everyone else.

While I appreciate her sentiments, I'm not going to be one of those people who says that she can only cook things I can eat. I won't.

So while she's making me a lovely rum cake, with one of the Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mixes, and the dishes at the anniversary dinner will include chicken salad and potato salad (both of which I can, and will readily devour), I'm bringing my own crackers, snacks and such with me.

And we will all have a wonderful time. (Especially teasing my oh, so pregnant niece!)

No comments:

Post a Comment