Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Don Pablo's in North Canton, Ohio

I took my daughter and one of her friends to Don Pablo's for dinner last night. We were seated right away, and when I asked about a gluten free menu, the woman who seated us responded that my waitperson (yes, she really said that) would handle everything for me.

The waiter came by, and I asked him about gluten-free options. He spoke with me about the enchiladas (all made with corn tortillas) and the possibility of substituting corn tortillas for the flour ones in the fajitas. (That was my original plan, by the way)

I asked him about the rice and beans, and he said he was sure they were gluten-free, but he would double check with the kitchen manager! And he did - came back and reassured me that I could have the full meal I had ordered without worries.

I ordered the chicken enchiladas, and had a wonderfully tasty meal. Something I've been looking forward to for a while, now.

I'm not sure why restaurants think they have to use gluten containing ingredients in their seasonings. Sure would make my life tastier if they would cut it out!! Plain everything? Might as well eat at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment