Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Saturday, September 11, 2010

GF Tasting at The Raisin Rack today!

I'll be attending the GF tasting at the Raisin Rack in Canton this afternoon. Should be very interesting - there are so many things out there that I haven't tried! I will be picking up some gf burger buns while I'm there, to accompany the hot dog buns I got last week from The Grainless Baker.

The hot dog bun worked out really well, considering. And by that, I mean I was cooking over a bonfire, so the hot dog (and bun) went onto the cooking stick! Made quite the impression on the rest of the guests. But next time I'll save the seasonings for after the cooking... too much ketchup and the smaller side of the bun got a bit soggy and tried to break away from the rest.

Tasted pretty darned good, though. Nice and warm, a little crusty from the fire, and very good with that hot dog. (I'll heat the hot dog thoroughly before putting it into the bun in the future, though.)

All in all, it was a great evening.

My sister invited me for a cookout at her house this coming Saturday. Now, this is unusual. She lives over three hours away from me. But... she's invited one of her co-workers to come over, and that co-worker is also a Celiac. So I'm bringing the brownies (in a disposable pan, and already baked) and I'm going to grab a few treats for her friend as well. She has been a great help in finding things locally down there. My sister tries really hard to make sure I have things to eat, and that I'm safe in her home. She's sweet. And her friend has been a huge help. Turns out there are GF areas in the Meijer stores, and that Kroger has a lot of gf options as well. (Just not their cottage cheese, for some odd reason.)

So I'm making my turtle brownies (they were a bit hit the last time) and buns and I'll pick u an assortment of little things to take down with me for her. Maybe I'll even take a box of Glutino crackers for her... and I'll absolutely be taking the new Snyder's pretzels. I'm pretty sure she can't get them down there yet... they're still mostly in Whole Foods stores. (My wonderful GIG leader, Denise, got some for the Raisin Rack in Canton. I think it was blackmail...)

Hope all is well with you, and that you're finding lots of great gf eats this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment