Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sorry it has been so long

Just got my copy of 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster, and I've had my nose buried in the book ever since! Great recipes, bringing to mind great ways to convert some family recipes. All in all... a winner.

I have also been attempting to figure out how to carry a full day's worth of gluten free food onto an airplane. I'll be flying from Ohio to San Francisco on the 23rd, and between getting to the airport at 4 in the morning and getting the rental car at noon (Pacific time) I'm going to need at least two meals. My daughter can pick something up in the airport once we've checked in, but I am already planning to carry a package of frozen grapes, to work as an ice pack, and with a little luck, a sandwich from Jason's Deli on Udi's bread. My sister's chicken salad and some Glutino crackers will serve as either breakfast or lunch (depending on what sort of sandwich I get, and if the Jason's near Columbus has the bread) but I'm still considering what to take with me for crunchy snacks. Maybe some caramel corn? Some GF pretzels? A piece of the birthday cake I'll be making for my daughter? (GF, of course. She doesn't need it, but I found a recipe, and I'm anxious to try it.)

Suggestions are more than welcome... this will be my first cross-country flight since the diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment