Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just erased a post

A great, long, whining post. All about how terrible it is to be stuck with a gluten, fat, flavor-free diet as long as my daughter is home from college.

But you know what? I'm not going to do it. I am happy to fix her things that she will eat and enjoy, but I am also going to make some things that I'll like. Otherwise it is going to be an impossible two months for both of us.

So... tomorrow I'll make some home fries and perhaps even some eggs to go with them. And she can have her wheat toast and blueberry preserves for breakfast. Compromise, right?

I don't want to force my problem onto her. So she will have all the things she likes here at home, with some small adjustments. And I'll break out the butter and other flavors for my own benefit.

The alternative is simply unacceptable. I won't drive her away from home over this. We'll work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment