Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good news from the GI doc

He says I'm doing just fine, and that he doesn't need to see me for another six months. I like this doc - he actually talks with me about what's going on, and lets me know what he is thinking. So I'm to lose weight (to save my liver) and to take a multivitamin every day, because sometimes people with Celiac Disease don't absorb the nutrients even after the villi heal. Who knew?

He's concerned with vitamin D, calcium and iron in my case. Of course, the osteoporosis might have something to do with that.

But he's never heard of a doctor giving someone with Celiac a letter so they can get accomodation at a motel - fridge and microwave. Told me to ask my regular doc. I laughed.

Oh, well. Sandwiches (on corn tortillas) work pretty well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment