Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Adventure Begins Tomorrow

I think I'm all set. I have a Spanish Tortilla cut into cubes for snacking, corn tortillas, cheese and gf cold cuts for lunches, homemade chocolate Chex mix for munching on the road, lots of tic-tacs for avoiding the dreaded dry mouth (I can't drink too much while I'm driving or I wind up stopping at *every* available rest area) and a whole bunch of things to make dinners with while I'm on the road.

I also have directions to two Gluten-Free restaurants I'm planning to visit along the way. So at least two meals on the way out there will be fresh. One is the first night - if I make it to the Chicago area in time. The other is in Sparks, NV - almost at the end of the journey.

Lots of availability of gluten-free places to eat in the SF Bay area. One in particular (they have gluten things available there, but not anything I have ever ordered) is Kabul Afghan Restaurant on the peninsula. One of my favorites from when we lived out there. Yummy lamb and rice dishes, pumpkin, great salads. I'm looking forward to it. And I was really relieved when I found out that my very favorite dish is naturally gluten-free.

I'll update when I can, and let you know what is working and what isn't. (I have a nasty tendency to just skip meals if I'm tired and it seems like too much work.)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment