Gluten Free Picture

Gluten Free Picture
I Blog Gluten Free

Friday, April 25, 2014

Vacation - All I ever wanted

Hello again.  Time to update, I suppose.

Things are, well, going.  But that's the life of a person with CD, I suppose.  The entire household has nasty colds, and several relatives have come down with Strep, so I know I'm getting off easily on this one.

Another cross-country drive begins on Sunday morning with gluten-free pancake sandwiches.  I'm hoping they will be as tasty as the biscuit sandwiches I took on my last long trip.

Also coming along for the ride, gluten-free blueberry scones, lots of peanut butter, some strawberry preserves, a few gluten-free instant mac and cheese cups and a loaf of Goodbye Gluten bread.

(Mini tootsie rolls might stow away...)

On this particular trip I will be traveling through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California.  Headed to a wedding outside San Francisco, then sticking around for my beloved daughter's college graduation.  (Sigh.  Seems like about three weeks ago she was heading off for her freshman year.)

I remain eternally grateful that I have no difficulties with nuts, legumes, dairy or grains that do not contain gluten.  Soy and I have an unfriendly relationship, but I just try not to indulge too much or too often, and we appear to have reached a trucel

On the way back I'm stopping off in Denver for a few days, and will try out the Udi's Restaurants in that city.  (I have to track the locations in a series of books I'm reading.  Yes, I know I'm a freak.)

I'll wave as I pass through your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment